Located in Waukesha, WI
All Systems Specialists must be familiar with both FHA, VA and USDA submission requirements. You will use your mortgage industry experience, aptitude for learning new software, and analytical abilities to identify and document the best ways to perform tasks using Encompass. You will help educate others, and you share your expertise by preparing instructional materials our clients use to learn how to navigate our software. The essential functions for this position are listed below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Use process thinking, mortgage industry knowledge, and experimentation to develop best practices for using the Encompass system
- Create step-by-step documentation of best practices
- Engage in technical writing, documentation, and instructional material development activities
- Learn and apply best practices in the areas of technical writing, documentation, and instructional design
- Continuously improve your knowledge of the Encompass System
- Apply awareness of mortgage lenders’ values and of how learners learn to the development of materials
- Show up for work when scheduled, ready and able to complete assigned tasks.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 3 years or more of experience in the mortgage industry
- Mortgage industry knowledge, including knowledge of how to process a loan, standard mortgage industry roles, common business rules and the reasons those rules exist
- Strong writing skills, especially the ability to be clear, concise, and thorough, with high attention to detail all at the same time
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable through text and pictures
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and aptitude to develop MS Office expertise
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple projects to independently meet deadlines and complete tasks successfully Be available to work overtime when needed.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Fluency in other languages preferred
- Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen – understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability – adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation – assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.