Located in Waukesha, WI
Our company creates and develops leading edge applications for our internal employees as well as our external customers, and we want you to be a part of our team. We are currently in search of an experienced Software Developer to create and maintain software, in-house hardware and network systems. The successful candidate will also help to develop critical products for our clients and offer excellent technical support. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement new software programs
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Must have excellent communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills and customer centric attitude.
- Must be organized, able to multi task, fast learner and collaborative.
- Must be familiar with basic ideas of principles
- Ability to deliver effective results in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required
- 10+ years’ experience in web and software development
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Fluency in other languages preferred
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
- Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary to troubleshoot issues
- Ethics – Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability – adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation – assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer