Located in Waukesha, WI
This position is responsible for reviewing closed loan documents to ensure compliance in accordance with Investor guidelines and regulations, obtaining corrections when necessary and the delivery of files to the Investors prior to the expiration date. Responsible for the follow-up of final recorded documents from Settlement/Escrow Agents in a timely manner.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that all closed loans are in compliance with federal, state laws and meet company policies and Investor guidelines.
- Reviews all closed loans for accuracy and completeness ensuring that all conditions have been met and the loans meet the company standard for quality.
- Handles and assists with the clearing of Investor’s requirements and requests; prevents and/ or resolves issues as they arise.
- Verifies that all stipulations requested are valid and met to ensure that loans are saleable/purchased.
- Requests and follows up daily with Underwriters/Closers on all outstanding conditions for loans in a “Suspense “status.
- Monitors “Aging Report” from warehouse lender(s) to ensure that loans do not exceed the 15 day threshold set by the company.
- Updates and distributes the “Status Report” to Senior Management daily.
- Keeps Senior Management abreast of any and all Investor related issues.
- Corresponds with escrow agents/title companies to obtain outstanding documents not returned in a timely manner.
- Works independently and prioritizes multiple projects while meeting pre-established deadlines.
- Assists with other aspects of the Closing/Post Closing process on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three (3) years current mortgage experience.
- In-depth understanding of regulatory guidelines and requirements of Secondary Market as it pertains to closing documents preferred
- Ability to deliver effective results and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient in computers including LOS systems, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to type a minimum of 25 WPM
- Self-starter and have the ability to communicate and work well with escrow companies, Investors and co-workers
- Possess clear, concise and effective written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor in appearance, interpersonal relations, work ethic and attitude
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen – understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability – adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation – assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.