Located in Waukesha, WI
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for continuing to build the brand image while developing marketing strategies for the sales teams. The Marketing & Communications Specialist uses knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, films, packaging, and informative and instructional material through a variety of media outlets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop the overall look or style of materials for marketing campaigns based on the brand
- Leads the creative process related to marketing campaigns and marketing strategy
- Determine which photographs, art, or other design elements to use based on brand
- Develop and execute marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion
- Assist in company-wide projects to help maintain brand equity
- Conduct market research to find solutions for consumer requirements, habits, and trends
- Plan digital marketing campaigns, including web, email, social media, and display advertising
- Maintain social media presence across all digital channels
- Communicate project status, timelines and delivery information to management and demonstrates ability to anticipate creative problems and production timeline issues
- Ensure files are organized and accessible
- Remain current in design trends, styles and technological advances in various media
- Gain a deep understanding of Novus Home Mortgage and CEO’s vision, values, responsibilities and priorities
- Manage and oversee the Customer Relationship Management system, while providing content and materials for its use
- Organize and/or assist with events for sales teams, providing event promotion and day-of materials
This position will oversee the Marketing team.
- Three (3) years prior Marketing, Graphic Design, and/or similar experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, or similar preferred
- Link to Portfolio preferred to be considered for position
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in the mortgage industry preferred
- Familiarity with website editors, such as WordPress and Squarespace
- Willingness to step outside comfort zone and work on new tasks
- Ability to deliver effective results
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen – understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability – adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation – assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.