Located in Waukesha, WI
The IT Field Support Associate provides technical assistance and support relating to computer systems, hardware & software, printers, networks, and phones. Responds to telephone calls, email, and personnel requests for technical support, isolates problem, performs research, determines and implements solution. Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Troubleshoot hardware / software problems.
- Create / modify Active Directory user accounts.
- Join workstations to domain, move computer profiles, install / configure applications including anti-virus, backup, Microsoft Outlook, Office365, and setup printers.
- Move / add / change 8×8 VOIP handsets, soft lines, efax.
- Configure / troubleshoot iPhone, Android, Windows Phone ActiveSync
- Create and maintain Windows Server network shares with appropriate permissions.
- Manage network scanning resources.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Perform backup / restore operations a needed.
- Assist / train new users in IT systems.
- Perform workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Assist with desk/office moves.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with users on open ticket status
- Train end users in person and remotely in the proper use of hardware and software
- Ability to walk end user through diagnostic procedures to identify, resolve, or determine source of error
- Log, track, and maintain detailed incident reports on all calls
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors to request service, updates, and resolution of open tickets Maintain Help Desk procedures and training material
- Analyze incident reports, determine the cause, and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate
- Onboard/Offboard employees
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 2 years of relevant experience
- A+, Network+ minimum
- Windows 7, 8, 10
- Microsoft Office
- Active Directory
- 3 years of technology support experience
- Familiarity with Help Desk practices (ticket systems, team environment, etc.)
- Experience with remote trouble-shooting
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Fluency is other languages preferred
- Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen – understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability – adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation – assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.