Located in Waukesha, WI
The Disclosure Desk Specialist will issue initial and subsequent disclosures and re-disclosures to consumers for multiple loan types in multiple states. Accuracy and timeliness are paramount due to the regulatory and business requirements related to disclosures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilties
- Must understand TRID and the sensitive timing requirements surrounding the regulation
- Receive information necessitating disclosure of company and/or regulatory required disclosures (both initial and subsequent re-disclosures).
- Review and interpret information received to effectively determine which disclosures are required to be provided. Information may be contractual, loan (rate term, loan type, interest rate lock, mortgage fee, etc.) property/market (transfer tax, stat disclosures, etc.) or borrower related.
- Complete the disclosures as required based on the information received as well as through practical understanding of the mortgage loan process. This will involve updating information within the Loan Origination System. Knowledge of the Loan Origination System (Encompass) and other supporting systems are required.
- Communicate effectively with Production team (Mortgage Loan Originators as well as other departments as applicable) to confirm the disclosures are appropriate.
- Provide accurate and appropriate disclosures to customers within pre-determined timelines pursuant to company policy/procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Update the Loan Origination System as well as other systems (as required) to effectively notify appropriate parties that disclosures have been effectively provided to consumers
- Review reports to confirm all disclosures are processed in a timely fashion.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Possess a keen eye for accuracy, attention to detail and ability to handle a high-volume work load
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to deliver effective results and to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-starter who can adapt to a changing environment and can communicate and work well with Investors and co-workers
- Possess clear, concise and effective written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor in appearance, interpersonal relations, work ethic and attitude
Required Education & Experience
- High school degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in the mortgage industry or real estate preferred.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to send short correspondence and memos
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen – understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability – adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation – assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.