Located in Waukesha, WI
The Closer is responsible for closing and funding loans according to established guidelines and procedures. Maintain pipeline that consists of docs to be drawn, docs returned, funded and shipped to investor for purchase.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drawing loan documents in order which is cleared by Quality Control Department.
- Data entry, audit of RESPA and required fields in Lenders Office and Doc Magic to ensure accuracy of loan Documents prior to being sent to Escrow/Title for signing.
- Providing service to Loan Officer, Processor and Escrow Agent in answering concerns regarding fees, impounds, funds to close, etc.
- Checking estimated HUDs for accuracy in closing dates, seller concessions, required funds from borrower and fees collected in relation to transaction.
- Receipt of fully executed loan documents along with Original Note.
- Checking signed loan documents for discrepancies with signatures, notary pages, and missing dates, prior to funding conditions as per Underwriter approval.
- Issue a Funding Conditions list to Escrow Agent, Loan Officer and Processor for items needed prior to funding loan.
- Collect items and sign off on conditions.
- Requesting wire from warehouse bank to fund transaction and issue disbursement and record authorization.
- Follow up with Escrow Agent within 24-48 hours after funding to collect Final HUD and closing checks.
- Maintain up to date and accurate data in system for Closing Manager reports, file tracking and productivity.
- Stack and package loan accurately and within a reasonable turn time to be shipped to investor for review.
- Make MIP payments on all FHA loans in pipeline accurately and in a timely matter after closing
- Provide Investor with all applicable conditions for clearance and purchase of loan.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Three (3) years prior mortgage experience
- Ability to deliver effective results and to meet deadlines
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and current automotive insurance
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent phone and service skills
Required Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The knowledge of mortgage principles and theories
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language
- Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves challenges in a timely manner by gathering and analyzing information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions using facts and reasoning in presenting business case for pursuing appropriate course of action.
- Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary in order to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with various business departments.
- Business acumen – understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
- Ethics – Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
- Judgment – exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
- Planning and Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
- Adaptability – adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative – undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
- Innovation – assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
- Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with exceptional customer service.