This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice is provided by Novus Home Mortgage, a division of Ixonia Bank. Under the CCPA, covered businesses that collect the personal information of California residents must provide notice regarding their data collection and sharing practices. In addition, the CCPA allows California residents to make certain requests with respect to their data.
The information provided in this notice explains how Novus Home Mortgage, a division of Ixonia Bank collects and uses personal information for everyday business needs. This notice also informs residents of California how they can exercise their rights under CCPA.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect Personal Data to provide mortgage loans and services, and for our employment and human resource purposes.
During the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Data.
Personal Identifiers — Such as full name and federal or state issued identification numbers including Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number.
Personal Information — Including contact details such as telephone number and address, financial information such as account number and balance, payment card details including credit and debit card numbers.
Characteristics of Protected Classes — Such as sex or marital status.
Purchase Information — Products and services obtained and transaction histories.
Internet or Online Information — Such as browsing history, and information regarding interaction with our websites, applications, or advertisements.
Geolocation Data — Information such as device location.
Employment Information — Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer.
Education Information — Education information, such as school and related information.
CATEGORIES OF THIRD PARTIES AND OUR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
During the past 12 months, we have disclosed for our business purposes the eight categories of Personal Data relating to California residents listed above to the following categories of third parties:
- Outside companies or organizations, including service providers subject to appropriate confidentiality and use restrictions, to whom we disclose Personal Data as part of providing products and services, completing transactions, supporting our everyday operations, or business management and development.
- Companies or individuals that represent California residents such as an accountant, financial advisor, or person holding power of attorney on behalf of a California resident.
- Government agencies, to support regulatory and legal requirements.
- Outside companies or organizations, including service providers subject to appropriate confidentiality and use restrictions, to whom we provide Personal Data to support human resource activities and workforce management.
- Outside companies or organizations, in connection with routine or required reporting, including consumer reporting agencies and other parties.
FACTS: What does Novus Home Mortgage, a division of Ixonia Bank, do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and income
- Credit history and credit scores
- Mortgage rates and payments and account balances
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their personal information; the reasons Novus Home Mortgage, a division of Ixonia Bank, chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Novus Home Mortgage share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes — such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes — to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial companies
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your transactions and experiences
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
Call (844) 337-2548 or email Novus Home Mortgage.
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
Novus Home Mortgage, a divison of Ixonia Bank
What we do
How does Novus Home Mortgage protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does Novus Home Mortgage collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Apply for a loan
- Give us your income information
- Give us your employment history
- Give us your contact information
- Provide your mortgage information
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Novus Home Mortgage, a divison of Ixonia Bank, has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Novus Home Mortgage, a divison of Ixonia Bank, does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
Novus Home Mortgage, a divison of Ixonia Bank, does not jointly market.
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of their information by businesses that sell Personal Data. The CCPA defines a “sale” as the disclosure of Personal Data for monetary or other valuable consideration. Novus Home Mortgage, a division of Ixonia Bank does not offer an opt out from the sale of Personal Data because we do not and have not within at least the last 12 months sold Personal Data that is subject to the CCPA’s sale limitation. The CCPA also requires that we state that we have no actual knowledge that we have sold Personal Data of California residents 15 years of age and younger.
REQUESTS UNDER CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we:
- 1. Disclose to you the following information covering the 12-month period prior to your request (“Access Request”):
- The categories of Personal Data we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Data;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Data about you;
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclosed Personal Data about you, and the categories of Personal Data disclosed;
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you; and
- Delete Personal Data we collected from you (“Deletion Request”).
In addition, you have the right to be free from discrimination by a business for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
HOW TO MAKE REQUESTS
If you are a California resident, you can make an Access Request or a Deletion Request by:
Contacting us at (844) 337-2548 or submitting your request at https://novushomemortgage.com
We may ask you to provide the following information to identify yourself:
Name, contact information, social security or individual taxpayer identification number, date of birth; and a copy of government issued photo ID.